Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saw III


Ok, the first Saw was kinda inventive, interesting, low budget affair.

Saw II, bigger budget, actually carried on the story (to a degree), larger set pieces, bigger cast, (what I thought was) a wicked twist, and Donnie Wahlberg.

Saw III, teeth on the poster, I don't recall any specific teeth bits, at the start at a push, but that's about it, more plot progression, in more detail this time but without the interesting bits and characters, in other words; THE DREADED BACKSTORY.

yawn.

Don't get me wrong, I cringed like a motherfucker at a couple of bits, but overall the film was slow, dull and made the cardinal sin of explaining shit that doesn't really matter! (See Severance + it's special features for example)

So what you get is: blah blah blah blah JESUS OH GOD blah blah blah blah blah well that's it I guess.

My girlfriend enjoyed it, personally I think it's weak, they haven't really upped the ante in terms of gore and inventiveness (traps are different, just not brilliant) and it spent far too long trying to justify it's actions. again.. yawn

Saw III - 4/10

No comments: