Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Punisher (2004)


All round, not so hot.

There's some good bits in it, some moments of inspiration, but overall it's basically dross (here's to the sequel!?)

On the plus side, I guess it's better than the earlier version, which I remember watching a while ago (and have just refreshed myself (unfortunately) with the trailer), but then that one did star Dolph Lundgren...nuff said.

Yes I know he was in Rocky IV, doesn't mean anything else of his is any good though!

Thomas Jane, chews everything up as Frank Castle, except for John Travolta who chews everything up for the bad guys.

If it was a little pacier, more violent and grim, I'd probably have forgiven the acting, script etc a bit, but it wasn't, so this film remains a wannabe.

I'm curious though, not having read any of the comics, if a decent film can be made out of it??

The Punisher (2004) - 4/10

No comments: